Madison understands the diverse ways that relationships and families can break down, and helps her clients move beyond their conflicts to build new, positive futures. She works with clients who want a practical, constructive process and a long-term solution that enables them to co-parent effectively and move forward with their lives.
Recognizing that divorce is a very personal experience, Madison focuses on the unique needs of every client. She explains the law clearly to clients so they understand how it affects them and can then make the right decisions. From experience, Madison knows there is more than enough distress in relationship breakdowns; her aim is to protect clients and what is important to them without generating additional conflict or unnecessary costs. At the end of the process, Madison hopes clients can look back with pride on how they handled matters and feel more confident of their lives ahead.
Madison specialises in handling divorce proceedings for clients, and in drafting formal settlements for clients who have agreed on their financial split in mediation. She also advises on and creates Prenuptial and Cohabitation Agreements for couples to secure their future and build trust.
Away from her practice Madison is a passionate member of the roller derby community, traveling around the country and Europe for tournaments and events. She also enjoys creative writing, and is currently working on a book for young adults.
2007 – 2010 BA History (1st Class) at Cardiff University
2010 – 2012 LLB (Combined LPC and GDL) at The College of Law, Bristol
- Drawing up formal financial settlements in line with the agreement separating clients had come to together or through mediation
- Preparing prenuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements for couples to protect their future finances
- Acting for clients in negotiating financial settlements where their spouses were either acting in person or represented by their own legal team
- Acting for clients in divorce proceedings based on unreasonable behaviour and adultery
- Assisting a client in successfully protecting her interest in her home, where her son-in-law had obtained legal charge against the property and was pursuing a larger share in it
- Assisting a client in court proceedings to allow her son to live with her abroad after communication had become difficult and abusive between her and the son’s father
- Advised international legal teams on enforcement and REMO procedures to enable a client to obtain arrears of maintenance across multiple jurisdictions
- Assisted a client in establishing a dialogue with his ex-partner to allow him to see his children for the first time in three years
- Assisting clients changing their names following divorce, separation and in advance of a step-parent adoption.
“I just wanted to say the biggest thank you I can for all your help. I can’t imagine how or why, but if you ever need a favor, just let me know… Every now and then, and just when needed, faith in the human race is restored. Yesterday, that was thanks to you.”
“[Madison] has the loveliest, unassuming manner which instantly made me feel she was there to help at any time. She was efficient and kept me up to date with progress, chasing things without me prompting”
“I actually felt quite sad when we had coffee together to say goodbye [at the end of my case], although they are not in the line of work where you’d choose to meet again! Many thanks.”
“Thank you very much for all your help; you have made it much less stressful than it could have been.”